Current contest
Scheduled contests
Past contests
Rules
back to board

Discussion of Problem 1912. Titan Ruins: Passing through Walls

2 ADMINS: weak tests!
Hi there,

My AC code (and, I think, many others) outputs "-1" for the following test, whereas according to the problem statement right answer is "3":

1 5
+-+-+-+.+-+
| | .1|2| |
+-+.+-+-+-+

It seems this problem needs more good tests.
Re: 2 ADMINS: weak tests!
Up

Edited by author 16.01.2013 18:30
Up
Posted by Erop [USU] 17 Jan 2013 15:11
If you have more good tests, send them to timus_support@acm.timus.ru
Do you check this mailbox? Some time ago I sent new tests for 1005 to kill greedy sols - and no reaction on timus side.
If you really need new tests for this problem and will add them - I can prepare.
Posted by Erop [USU] 18 Jan 2013 00:23
Some time ago limitations have been modified to 2 <= n, m (was 1 <= n, m).
Sorry for misinformation.
I think the problem could be more interesting and challenging with old limitations and new tests. Currently it is rather straightforward.
Posted by tvhong 27 Apr 2014 06:21
It should be "Death" for your test case as they need to "always" stay close together. Even when one of them is out.
You're wrong. According to the problem statement they need to stay close to each other only in order to keep moving. Here it is possible for both of them to leave the labyrinth.
Posted by Bogatyr 6 Oct 2015 16:55
> You're wrong. According to the problem statement they need to stay close to each other only in order to keep moving.

Your interpretation is not supported by the problem language.  I agree with  tvhong, the problem statement clearly says that they must stay close.   If your interpretation was correct then the second sample would not be "Death."